There are two checks to verify that your system security is working. This first is to run a script at the command prompt, and the second is to try to reach a website from the browser. Instructions for both are below:
1. Click on the Windows symbol on the task bar which should look like one of these:
2. If your are running Windows 7, skip to 3, otherwise, for Windows 8 or 10, click on the Search symbol in the right corner.
3. Type in the search bar: “command prompt”
4. Click on the Command Prompt icon and the command prompt window should appear.
5. Type “sc query windivert1.1” and hit return
6. You should end up with the message below. If you did not, your software is not running, please contact Customer Support.
7. Close the command prompt box and open your browser.
8. Type in “vzw.com”, and you should get the message below. If you did not, your software is not running, please contact Customer Support.